Discarding, or weeding, of materials that are no longer in quality condition or no longer serve the needs of our patrons is part of Nottawa Township Library’s effort to carry out its Mission Statement.
Discarding or weeding of materials is the best and most economical utilization of space in the library. It assures the orderly growth of a quality collection and enhances the reputation for reliability of the collection.
Books will be considered for discard if:
- they are physically worn out or damaged
- they contain obsolete information
- they were copy written more than 10 years ago
- they have circulated less than 5 times in the past 5 years
- they have not circulated at all in the last 3 years
Disposal of withdrawn materials will be at the discretion of our Librarian.
Approved by Nottawa Twp. Library Board: 04/21/1999
To be reviewed: 11/2004